We can help with...
We also treat relationship break-ups, anger, post-traumatic stress disorder, loss and grief, and many other problems.
Freedom From Chronic Pain
Have you been experiencing chronic pain?
Have you tried medications, physical therapy, operations – but without relief?
Chronic pain can cause hopelessness and depression, and pain can prevent you from experiencing the joys of life.
Chronic pain can develop in three ways:
- After an injury or operation, your injury heals but your pain continues.
- You sustain an injury, but your pain is more intense than your injury warrants.
- You experience pain in the absence of injury.
Pain often has both physical and psychological causes, and requires both physical and psychological treatment. At Cognitive Behavioral Psychologists of New Jersey we provide pain treatment that includes:
- Cognitive Behavior Therapy for pain
- Stress management to reduce pain
- Relaxation exercises
- Mindful movement and stretching concepts
We have found that once the psychological treatment of pain has started to become effective, most pain patients can reduce or go off their medication with no increase in pain.
Call us at 908-276-3888
Cognitive Behavioral Psychologists of New Jersey
1150 Raritan RoadCranford, New Jersey
Opposite Friendly's RestaurantOne mile from GSP exits 135 and 136